Privacy and Personal Data Policy
This policy explains the types of personal data Manu Mendoza Wedding Photography may collect about you when you book, place an order or sign up for my newsletter. I collect and process data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. I do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of my services; you have specifically given consent for a particular service; or I have a legitimate interest in disclosing data. Instances in which I do disclose data to third parties are outlined below.
If you have any questions not answered by this policy, please contact me.
My legal bases for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations I rely on the following legal bases for processing your data:
- Consent: I will ask your consent for marketing to you via email or post. If you consent I can collect and process your data for this purpose.
- Contract: I sometimes need to collect and process your personal data in order to fulfil a contract with you when you book my services or place an order. I will also collect and process your data if you’ve showed interest in my services enquiring, filling out the contact form or subscribing to my newsletter.
- Legal: I am obliged to process some personal data to comply with the law. If you place an order with us we must retain some personal data for at least six years to comply with the Sale of Goods Act 1982, Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and HMRC guidance.
- Legitimate interests: I collect and process some personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way you would reasonably expect as part of running our business; for example, to analyse information on our customers in order to provide new products or services.
The kinds of personal data I collect
Depending on your interaction with me, I may collect and process all or some of the following information:
- Address details
- Phone number
- Email address
- Marketing preferences
- Order history
- Computer IP address
How I protect your personal data
The entire checkout process, contact forms and questionnaires for Manu Mendoza Wedding Photography's website is held on a secure server using a verified SSL (secure socket layer) system for transferring data. If you click on the small padlock symbol at the top of your browser's screen, next to the web address, you will be taken to the site's security certificate. If you have any concerns regarding the security of this site, please contact me.
With whom I share personal data with
Sometimes I need to share your personal data with trusted third parties. In these instances, your data will only be used for the exact purpose I specify, will be transferred and stored securely, and will be deleted or rendered anonymous if I stop working with that third party.
Examples of the third parties with whom we share data are:
- Payment-processing services (Stripe, iZettle)
- Delivery couriers and postal services (Royal Mail, DHL)
- Email marketing service providers (Mailchimp)
- Customer service management systems (Sprout Studio)
- Advertising Services (Facebook, Google)
This list is not exhaustive and may change from time-to-time in line with my business processes. Please, be assured that I will only ever share your information with trusted parties who adhere to GDPR and the correct standards of security.
How long I keep your data
I will only keep your data for as long as it’s needed. After that, I’ll either delete it completely or render it anonymous (removing personal data but keeping information such as order amount for business analysis).
If you contact me enquiring for a wedding or any other event and you don’t consent to marketing, I’ll keep your data for a year in case you wish to proceed.
If you order from me, I’ll keep your data for six years in order to comply with legal obligations. You can request that some of this is removed sooner – see below.
After six years I will remove your data unless you have consented to our marketing.
Your rights over personal data
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data, free of charge.
- Have your personal data rectified if out of date or incorrect.
- Have personal data erased, unless that would conflict with my legal obligations.
- Withdraw consent for me to use personal data, if you have previously given consent.
- Object to me processing your personal data and/or stop me using data for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you should contact me.
How to stop me using your data for direct marketing
You can stop me marketing to you via email in the following ways:
- By clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email I send.
- By contacting me and asking to opt out.
Please note, you may continue to receive marketing from me for a short period after opting out. I will provide you with more detailed processing times should you make such a request.